The Farallon Islands – "California's Galapagos"
Topics: Biology, Environment, Television
Science Education Collections: Grade 6, HS Biology
- Download HD (H.264)
- Copy and Paste to Embed
Lying 28 miles off the coast of San Francisco, the jagged silhouette of the Farallon Islands disrupts the clean line of the horizon. This foreboding knot of rocks sits amid one of the most
productive marine food webs on the planet and hosts the largest seabird breeding colony in the continental United States. QUEST ventures out for a rare visit to learn what life is like on the islands and meet the scientists who call this incredibly wild place home.Tags: Farallon Islands, Farallones, Gulf of the Farallones, Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary, kqed, pbs, QUEST
- PRBO Conservation Science
- Live Webcam of the Farallones
- Farallon National Wildlife Refuge
- Gulf of the Farallones
- The Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association
- Producer's Notes: The Farallon Islands - "California's Galapagos"
- The Farallon Islands - "California's Galapagos" - QUEST Flickr Set
- Devils Teeth : KQED Truly CA Shorts