QUEST produces more than just Educator Guides. Check out our resources for using multimedia for teaching and learning–including our Science Education Collections, tips and tricks for engaging students in active viewing, a science-media analysis activity, student worksheets to use QUEST video and audio pieces, educator lesson plans and also a media-making toolkit.
Science Education Collections
The QUEST Science Education Collections have been created to help educators find the best QUEST resources for your classroom. The collections are organized around the California Science Content Standards for grades 6-12. For each collection, educators will find background information for each content standard, suggested QUEST resources, and a sequence for using the resources in the classroom. There are also three special science career and industry collections: Biotechnology, Energy and Green Industry.
Using Multimedia with Students
- Segment Summary Student Sheet ( pdf )
- Personal Response Student Sheet ( pdf )
- Why Use Media in Science Education ( pdf )
- How to Use Science Media for Teaching and Learning ( pdf )
- Science Multimedia Analysis ( pdf )
See also our Media-Making Toolkit for Science Education for instructions, worksheets and rubrics for implementing media-making projects with students.
Download QUEST Content
- Access QUEST video, audio and Educator Guides free from iTunes U. If you do not have iTunes, visit the Apple site to install this free program for Mac and PC.
- Download photos taken by the QUEST team. Most are available for use under a Creative Commons license (please attribute them as follows:
Image Source: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/kqedquest/>KQED QUEST</a> - Some rights reserved")